Skip navigation

635 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 8:03 PM by Woger2 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 21, 2012 9:39 AM

Waddle and Trot 5K and Fun Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Waddle and Trot 5K and Fun Run below Back to event details page.

• fit4mykids Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 26, 2008
    1. Nov 21, 2012 9:39 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Waddle and Trot 5K and Fun Run Reviews

Signed up for the "sleep in" option, billed as "great for out of town friends who want to support the run without attending". Figured that the shirt (during registration it said I got a shirt and asked my size) and medal would be mailed since the registration cost was EXACTLY the same as the regular 5K cost. Day before race and two e-mails have gone unanswered and no packages with shirt and medal have arrived in the mail. There is NOTHING indicating that signing up for the "sleep in" option is a straight donation with no return for the money. EVERY virtual race that has required payment has mailed the race packet to me WELL BEFORE the date of the event so that I could run at home and still enjoy the "race experience". At the VERY LEAST I expect my e-mails requesting clarification to be answered promptly. If that had been done and I had found out that they had no intention of sending the packet to my house I might have been able to arrange to change the registration to regular and plan to attend in person (adding an additional car with just one person in it to the race congestion and parking). No response to e-mails is not a good sign.

• deborahjn Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 11, 2008
    2. Nov 22, 2012 10:35 AM (in response to Guest )

Vey good for a first year event! Packet pick-up and parking the day of the race went very smoothly.  I enjoyed the course, but it would be GREAT if next year there is an aid station with water somewhere towards the middle.  It was also a little congested at the finish, but overall a fun, great way to start my Thanksgiving!

• Bob LaCross Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 8, 2009
    3. Nov 22, 2012 7:57 PM (in response to Guest )

Great first time run.  Well organized, very flat and fast, easy in and out of the parking lot.  Only "issue" is that I still can't find the race results nearly 12 hours after the race.  Maybe I'm just impatient.  Great job, folks!

• Woger2 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 22, 2012
    4. Nov 22, 2012 8:03 PM (in response to Guest )

Great run around the lakes, can't wait for next years new tradition.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...