This article is aim to help you solve Panasonic HPX255 P2 MXF to FCP importing problem , with a Top MXF to ProRes Converter for Mac , you can convert AG-HPX255 P2 HD MXF files to ProRes .mov, and then import the converted videos for editing in FCP 6/7/X without any issue.
The Panasonic AG-HPX255 is a handheld professional P2 HD camera that works with Panasonic’s Paint Box remote control, the AG-EC4. It features three 1/3-inch 2.2 MP (megapixel) 3-MOS sensors, offering the full HD resolution. It weighs just 5.5 pounds, and the fixed high definition lens gets 22x zoom. The HPX255 also shoots in the 10-bit, 4:2:2 AVC-Intra codec.
As we all know, the video from Panasonic AG-HPX255 P2 card is in MXF format, it is not supported by Final Cut Pro, so when we import Panasonic AG-HPX255 P2 MXF files to FCP for editing, problems occurred. Although Final Cut Pro can support DVCPRO HD codec, you will meet some stuttering problem when viewing the P2 MXF footage in FCP on Mac. Apple ProRes is the most compatible format for Final Cut Pro. To make it easier for editing Panasonic AG-HPX255 P2 AVC-Intra MXF videos on FCP 6/7/X, The best solution to solve the P2 MXF importing issues on FCP is to transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X on Mac.
P2 MXF Converter for Final Cut Pro Mac is highly recommended here, it works as the best Mac Panasonic AG-HPX255 MXF Converter in the marketing. It enables you to convert Panasonic AG-HPX255 P2 .mxf videos to Apple ProRes MOV with least quality loss. It also can help you to merge multiple video clips.
1. Download and install the best P2 MXF to ProRes Converter and launch it to add your P2 MXF videos to it.
a. If you are using FCP X, please make sure you have installed ProApps QuickTime Codecs manually, or you may get files with sound only without video.
b. When import MXF videos to the MXF Converter, please make sure you have the entire MXF file structure as it saved on your camcorder’s P2 card. If you only have some loose .MXF clips, your files will have image only without audio.
2. Click on the “Format”> Final Cut Pro, Apple PreRes 422(HQ), Apple PreRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(LT), etc are all the proper choice for you.
3. Click "Settings" to adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channels. Set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 will be better.
4. Check off the "Merge into one" box to combine your .mxf files into one. Then, click Convert button to start converting HPX255 P2 MXF to FCP friendly Apple ProRes 422 for native editing on Mac OS X.
5. When the conversion ends, you can run the Final Cut Pro and click File --> Import --> Files to import the resulted MOV files and edit them in FCP easily.
This P2 MXF Converter for Mac is also the best choice to do some easy editing work like cropping, trimming, adding watermark adjusting brightness and so on. Please go to Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac to get more info.