Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

389 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 4:13 PM by Dark-Horse RSS
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 25, 2012 2:23 PM

Runs & workouts, Sunday, November 25, 2012

5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 39:28 (7:54 mile pace). Last mile in 6:58.

Some right knee pain. I walked home three-quarters of a mile in the freezing breeze, wearing shorts, and it was just like icing my knee: by the time I got home, the pain was gone (or maybe my knee was just numbed).

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 25, 2012 3:10 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Sunday, November 25, 2012

Good luck with that knee D.H.  Nice run today, if your knee bounces right back after those quicker miles, that's serious progress!

I went 3 miles on the railtrail today, walked the first mile, then walked/jogged the next 2.  I want to see if I can ease back into running with this kind of a routine.  I won't know until tomorrow if I'm on the right track, but so far, no ill effects from today's run.  Splits were 16:02, 11:25 and 11:15.  

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...