Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

613 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 5:23 PM by Dark-Horse RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 28, 2012 11:36 AM

Runs & workouts, Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Same 3 miler as yesterday on the railtrail, except today I ran the second mile instead of throwing in walk breaks.  I seem to be making progress with P.F., but it's still too early to tell.  Forgot to hit my watch at first, but would guess a 15:00 first split.  Mile 2 was 10:11 and mile 3 was 14:32. 

People I see on the railtrail keep asking me where my skis are, they see the walking sticks and think they're ski poles...lol

D.H., I do the same stretch you do for my calf, hanging off a stair step with just the front of the foot bearing the weight.  I don't raise my weight up though, but it sounds like a great idea and something I'm going to try.

I do stretch after a run, they claim warm muscles are easier to stretch and I need all the flexibility I can get.

Ray, I meant to wish you luck with your sore leg, it sounds like you're making progress.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Nov 28, 2012 1:28 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, good workout.  Foot hopefully is improving.

DH, last workout looks great!  You're improving nicely.

No workouts, no walks.  Steps are under 5K per day.  Walking more normally.  Pain is mostly gone, only slightly sore when pressing on the bad area.  Just need to be patient...

49ers lost two players on one play!  Hope James can step in for Kendall Hunter, we'll see.  I guess we find out today who'll be starting Sunday at QB.

Stanford on Friday (should be WET!)

Ray

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    3. Nov 28, 2012 5:23 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Good work, men.

Except that Rich clearly doesn't get the concept of staying off his plantar fasciitis until it heals. That's OK, Rich, I am in no position to talk, because I have had it for years. Right now I seem to be more or less in a steady state: I can run a moderate amount, say up to an hour three times a week, if I also stretch and strengthen a moderate amount, and ice my heel as needed.

However, I still have to watch my level of physical activity closely. For example, I would not dare to go backpacking. That would be way too much time on my feet. Which is a pity, because the best times I have ever had with my sons were our hikes in the White Mountains when they were younger, before I got plantar fasciitis in spring 2009.

Guess this is a rest day for me, because I'm out of time.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...