Skip navigation

645 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 4:59 PM by Doy Ott RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 8, 2012 12:30 PM

Jingle Jog 5k/ Jr. / Elf Run (25th Annual) Reviews

Share your experiences with the Jingle Jog 5k/ Jr. / Elf Run (25th Annual) below <a href=http://www.active.com/running/atlanta-ga/jingle-jog-5kjr-elf-run-25th-annual-2012>Back to event details page.</a>

• Kmoose12 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 29, 2012
    1. Dec 8, 2012 12:30 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Jingle Jog 5k/ Jr. / Elf Run (25th Annual) Reviews

Not to complain... But after 25 years... You would think this would be a "well oiled machine"! However, I arrived at the race, to find things NOT clearly labeled for registration, not enough staff and they lost all the 1700's race numbers. Therefore, I could not have my time tracked during the race. When I tried to speak to the coordinator... she didn't seem interested in solving the problem, only moving onto her next task.

After registration, I was able to enjoy some of the great food (not healthy) they had to offer by the many sponsors. Probably the bright spot of the race!

They had less than 10 bathrooms and the line was very long. I had to go to McDonald's across the street.

The race started 15 mins late. However, it was a good course, seemed a little short to me...

To finish things off... Mass confusion to get t-shirts! Again, poorly labeled lines and no one to directed "the people traffic" Luckily, I was able to get a shirt... as they ran out!!

Needless to say... after running lots and lots of races... This one will never be on my running agenda again!

• Doy Ott Rookie 5 posts since
    Oct 26, 2007
    2. Dec 8, 2012 4:59 PM (in response to Kmoose12)
    Jingle Jog 5k/ Jr. / Elf Run (25th Annual) Reviews

This was the worst race I've been to! I seen riots that were more organized! And the teen volunteers were rude and didn't know what they were doing. I had preregistered and the volunteers had given my number to someone else then told me they couldn't help me I had to go elsewhere for a new number, but I wouldn't be timed with the new number. There were two that decided they would talk to me like I was something they wiped off their shoes and when I asked to see someone in charge they told me to go find them myself. I finally found the organizer and she tossed a random un-timed number at me and refused to speak to me a out the rudeness of the volunteers. There had better be some BIG changes before anyone considers doin this race next year. There are too many other races out there for this one to be this piss poor! And to the organizer, you need to tell your volunteers to shut the hell up because their there to help not be smartasses to people, do their jobs and get a supervisor when asked too!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...