Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

686 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 2:46 PM by Rich in NH RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 10, 2012 12:07 PM

Runs & workouts, Monday, December 10, 2012

3 miles on the railtrail.  Walked a 1/2 mile, ran 2, then finished with another half mile walk. Splits were 8:46, 10:54, 10:33 and 8:22.  Main goal is to not heel strike while both walking and running. 

Hang in there Ray...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 11, 2012 6:23 AM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & workouts, Monday, December 10, 2012

Greetings, Rich and Ray.

When I got back to work yesterday after a week away in Florida for military training, I found three emails about Dark Colt:

--"Your son was tardy to school"

--"Your son is not doing his work in English class"

--"Your son is flunking Latin"

This, for a kid who was 7th in his class of 145 at the start of the school year.

I did a little more digging, and discovered those were not his only problem classes. He has been spending most of his time on extracurriculars lately, and little time on academics. Two weeks ago we had to take away most of his driving privileges due to his antics with the car.

After work, I drove straight to his high school (still dressed in my Army uniform), met Dark Colt at indoor track practice, and notified his coach that Dark Colt would no longer be on the team this season.

Depressed about these new developments. Didn't sleep well last night. Had a fight with Dark Mare.

Wishes for good health all around.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...