Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

445 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2012 2:57 PM by Rich in NH RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 14, 2012 2:50 PM

Runs & workouts, Thursday, December 13, 2012

A day late with this post, but I ended up with too much to do yesterday.

I headed down the railtrail concentrating on walking with a light footstep and hard push-off to keep my injured foot flexing.  The idea is to keep moving while I'm fighting Plantar Fasciitis, but in a way that won't aggravate the injury.

Long story short, I walked a mile, ran a half mile with just minor discomfort, then pulled up and walked another mile to finish.

I have to remember "Active Recovery" isn't instant recovery and act accordingly, but I'm gaining.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 15, 2012 9:34 AM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & workouts, Thursday, December 13, 2012

Rich,  I hear you.  At least you sound like your making progress.

Iced shin Wednesday night and it felt sooo much better - for 15 minutes...Oh, well limped around Thursday and sent Dr. Email Friday.  Looks like I'm going to be on the shelf for awhile longer...

Wife is out running a 1/2 right now.  2+ years of at least one 1/2 every month and she calls me obsessive. The stack of finishers medals we've collected is getting ridiculous.  We also keep all the race numbers (did I ever tell you we're pack rats?).  Recently put up some of the restaurant order bar clips(?) - metal channel with cylindrical beads at the top you slip the paper in and beads roll down to hold the paper tags - to hang the numbers with some hooks to hang the medals underneath.

Not sure how it will turn out.  Won't be enough room for all the numbers and there will still be multiple medals per hook when we get them all up.

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...