Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

823 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2012 4:47 PM by Mark J. Solomon
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 15, 2012 9:57 AM

2012 PEACHTREE CORNERS CHRISTMAS 10K | 5K (CLOSED) Reviews

Share your experiences with the 2012 PEACHTREE CORNERS CHRISTMAS 10K | 5K (CLOSED) below Back to event details page.

• michaelsquared Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 6, 2010

Good course, but not well run.  The course was about .15 miles longer than a 10K, and the times posted are about 45 seconds slower than what most people clocked on there watches (there was no electronic time keeping).

Also, no tech T-Shirt, only cotton.

This was my second year doing the race, and I plan to do it again next year, but I would like to see these issues addressed.

• GA Runner Dad Rookie 7 posts since
    Mar 12, 2009

Not for serious runners.  Despite what it said on the registration page, they did not use electronic timing.  The starting line was ambiguously placed.  There was no clock at the end of the race.  The distances were off.  No awards ceremony.  All age group winners received the same plain medal.  There was little food at the end (some cookies and orange slices).  The t-shirts were not tech, but cotton.  This race was more about the fun run and costume competition, than running.

I feel bad for the sponsors, who provided gift certificates and prizes, but were for the most part, not acknowledged as the prizes were award.

This was a relatively expensive race to participate in and a complete letdown.  I suggest serious runners stay away from Spin Cycle/ Georgia Cup races.

• Judith Garrard Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 6, 2008

Do not waste your time or money on this race!

• Mark J. Solomon Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 26, 2008

I run on average about two races per month and have observed many good and bad race productions.  The organization for this race was likely the worse I've seen.  Very long registration line and too few restrooms.  The Start area was a bottleneck zone which included a hazardous obstacle consisting of two red cones marking a hole in the ground.  Cars were not adequately controlled on the course which led to close calls and unsafe running conditions.  The course ran way long relative to my GPS tracking.  "Professional" timing wasn't even close to my watch time.  Was this race even timed at all?  Huge shame because I believe the organizers will be fortunate to get half as many runners to show up next year.  And it's the charity that will suffer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...