Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

536 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 8:17 AM by LeighDS
helloitsanne1 Rookie 6 posts since
Jan 2, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 4, 2013 8:47 AM

Hello!  Just thought I'd introduce myself, in case there's an active group watching this board.  I'm fairly new to running (6 mo.) and not quite as new to working out in general (2 years in February).  I started running just to bump up my cardio during the week, but I've participated in two 5ks now, and had no idea how much fun they can be!  My goal is to run the whole thing some day, which for myself is a substantial goal.  I look forward to sharing info and encouragement with everyone here!

This whole Athena/Clydesdale thing cracks me up. They're kind of ridiculous labels, but I've got to admit, I hope a 5k in my future lets me enter a weight class category.  Propelling over 250 pounds unaided by a treadmill is no easy task. 

Determined to lose 100 pounds in a healthy way, thinking long-term. Run/walking 5ks as a part of the process. Follow my progress at The Little Blue Dress.

-

10/27/12 - Celia Hays Elem. Spooktacular 5k - Rockwall, TX - 49:49:93 - my first 5k!

12/1/12 - NFHS Jingle Bell Run 5k - Garland, TX - 45:23:00

2/6/13 - Dash for the Beads 5k - Dallas, TX - 44:34:00 - holy crap, the hills!

3/2/13 - Jones Elem. Jag Jog 5k - Rockwall, TX - 45:27:14 - this was not my day

4/6/13 - The Color Run 5k - Dallas, TX - just for fun

8/3/13 - Melon Dash 5k - McKinney, TX

11/9/13 - Urban Dare - Ft. Worth, TX

• LeighDS Amateur 21 posts since
    Feb 11, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 11, 2013 8:17 AM (in response to helloitsanne1)

Welcome!

Glad you are finding your runners groove! Great job on your 5K accomplishments! You're right its amazing how fun races can be as well as the diversity of people participating! I'm kind of new to the forums myself, but I've found a lot of great info and people to talk with! See you around!

Finished Races

2010 Tanger Outlet 5K

2011 Tanger Outlet 5K

2012 Walt Disney World Half Marathon

2012 Stonyfield Earth Day 5K

2012 Make-A-Wish Big Lake Half Marathon

2012 WOW' fest Trail 10K

2012 Tanger Outlet Fit For a Cure 5K

2012 I Survived The End of the Wolrd 4-Miler

Upcoming Races

TBD

More Like This