Skip navigation

175 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 12:21 PM by SoftballSmarts RSS
SoftballSmarts Legend 409 posts since
Oct 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 6, 2013 12:21 PM

5 Surefire Predictors of Softball Success in 2013. A Must read!

Even though I've been in the game of fastpitch for awhile I am not clairvoyant and don't claim to have a crystal ball. However, when it comes to predicting the absolute level of game day success a softball player will have I'm pretty confident I could do so blindfolded!

Yes...if I have just a handful of facts and a brief conversation with your athlete, without ever watching her play, I could tell you how good a player she is and will become with pinpoint accuracy.

How can I do that? Let me explain my magic.

As in life softball success is predictable based on a number of key factors, the most important of which is the Law of Cause and Effect; that every action empirically causes a specific and measurable reaction. Author Tony Robbins describes the process like this:

". . . the most powerful way to shape our lives is to get ourselves to take action.  The difference in the results that people produce comes down to what they’ve done differently from others in the same situations.  Different actions produce different results.  Why?  Because any action is a set cause in motion, and its effect builds on past effects to move us in a definite direction. Every direction leads to an ultimate destination: our destiny."

Yes, I too had to read that passage a couple of times to really understand what Robbins was trying to say. After I figured it out it seems perfectly applicable to any athlete's sports "destiny."

One's destiny, in essence, is always shaped by choice; a choice of effort, a choice of attitude, a choice of preparation; a choice of purpose. And, thus, these different choices become the primal cause that shapes the ultimate levels of success and performance one athlete achieves versus another athlete.

Show me an elite athlete all the college coaches are drooling over and more often than not that athlete became elite as a result of the decisions, the actions, and the choices she has made for years.

To continue reading the “5 Predictors of Success” please go to: http://www.softballsmarts.com/2012/10/success-by-design-5-surefire-predictors.html.

Thanks for reading! --John Michael Kelly

Boost your athlete's game day confidence fast with the Sports Confidence Blueprint program!

For more FREE mental game tips and strategies visit me at: Softball Smarts or my Facebook page.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...