Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

438 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 8:29 PM by pcmou RSS
pcmou Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2013 8:29 PM

200 + lbs and fast

My weight loss and first race occurred in 2011. Now 2 years later, still hovering around 200 from a high of 245, and run 25+ miles a week. I'll run 12+ half marathons and at least 2 full marathons this year.

I'd love to hear from those 200+ ers that are fast. my 5k PR is 23:30. I'm also 40+. in New Orleans we have a race called the Fat Boy 5k, and even at this pace was 5th for 200-225 lb. (my 5th place time was 24:30). I see you fast guys out there and love to hear how you do it.

For those of you C25K's wondering .... I was just like you, couldn't even fathom running. In Oct 2012 I ran 4 straight organized Half Marathon. That's 4 in 21 days. All under 2:00, with the fastest being 1:50. I ran in more than 20 events in 2012 including Hood to Coast.

Anyway, all of us C25K types should be proud, but it's the tip of the iceberg. Long and fast is possible, tell me the stories. Any 200lb ultra's out there?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points