Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

606 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 8:53 PM by lenzlaw
piglet91 Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 19, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 19, 2013 6:41 PM

Girls on the run 5k run

Hello my daughter doing a 5k run in may she did it in the winter now she will do it in the summer now she is 8 she ask me if  I will run with her on the next one. I told her i will do best to try I been doing good so far I lost 10 pound I  been doing some speed walking every day at lest 20min to 30 min. I have question i want to start a walk/ run this week. I don't have track to do at I'm doing it in my neighborhood. I want to know how can i keep track how many mile i do i don't have phone i can get app on i saw a lot of app i can use but i have a old phone it don't have Internet so i can't get app. the only thing i can get a app i can it on my nook but have to have that with me while i'm running  or walking.

Thank you

Tammy.

• KellyKittel Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 1, 2013
    1. Jan 20, 2013 9:07 AM (in response to piglet91)
    Girls on the run 5k run

There is a way you can outline the streets you have walked on Google maps. You'll have to mark each corner you turned down, but once you've mapped it out Google will tell you how many miles it was. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

• crl8686 Legend 1,307 posts since
    Nov 11, 2007
    2. Jan 20, 2013 8:09 PM (in response to piglet91)
    Girls on the run 5k run

You probably don't want to be running with something as large as a Nook. If you know your route and have access to a computer, you can map it out before or after your run. Not in real time but this is the next best thing. Two of the more popular sites are http://www.mapmyrun.com  and http://www.runningmap.com 

2014 highlights...

@ 5K: Angels Baseball Foundation 5K, Anaheim, CA, 24:15

Friends of the Villa Park Library 5K, Villa Park, CA, 24:10

Claremont Sunrise Rotary Turkey Trot, Claremont, CA, 24:23

@ 10K: Great Race of Agoura - Old Agoura 10K, Agoura Hills, CA, 50:31

Fiesta Days Run, La Canada, CA, 50:29

LA Cancer Challenge, West Los Angeles, CA, 50:25

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,431 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    3. Jan 20, 2013 8:53 PM (in response to piglet91)
    Girls on the run 5k run

The other thing you can do is run/walk by time instead of distance, particularly if you're doing the C25K (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml).

Len

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points