Skip navigation

256 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 9:18 AM by Trabbitha RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 21, 2013 4:07 PM

The Grape Fun Ride Reviews

Share your experiences with the The Grape Fun Ride below Back to event details page.

• Edith R Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 14, 2008
    1. Jan 21, 2013 4:07 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Grape Fun Ride Reviews

I am sure intentions were good, but this ride has some issues.

Not so good:

1. The Winery did not open their bath rooms until 8 so everybody had to go to the gas station across the street.  No biggie 'cept the men's room was unavailable ....

2. The ride slip did not indicate sag stops.  I did the 63 and was told post ride that there was a sag on Baseline by the Home Depot and somewhere in a park.  I did see a young child under a half open Easy-Up on 19th Street, but it was maybe 10 miles out and it never occurred to me that THAT WAS IT.  Also, if that in fact was a sag stop I have to say that it was the most pitiful I've ever seen.  I didn't see anything but some water bottles and as I rode by I thought it was support for a running event.  I never saw another sag stop.

3. There were some turns on the route slip that didn't match the markers.

3. I got back around 1:10 to find that food was being packed up and everybody was in leaving mode.  This wasn't a super easy ride so it would really be better to give a little more time to finish.  It took me a little longer because I had to stop for a bagel in Laverne.

5. My husband did the 30. He said that he only got a tiny spoon full of bbq and beans and an even tinier roll.  It being that 30 miles is quiet the accomplishment for him and he rides to eat, he felt cheated.

4. My friend's car was broken in and money and credit cards were stolen.

Good.

1. Kudos to the cook.  The meat was very tasty.

2. Loved the wine tasting and bought a couple of bottles.

3. Thanks to whomever ordered up the wonderful weather !!

• Trabbitha Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 29, 2012
    2. Jan 29, 2013 9:18 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Grape Fun Ride Reviews

The most poorly run event I have ever been a part of.  No pre-registration list, no Tshirt, no jerseys (paid for at preregistration), and more, just totally unprofessional and unorganized.

Plus, several cyclists came back to an empty finish line - all packed up, not a soul there, so no lunch for them, or water, or cheers, or   .. . . anything.

Some participants had their cars broken into and burglarized while they were racing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...