Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

673 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 3:42 PM by Rich in NH
rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
Mar 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 21, 2013 11:58 AM

Runs & workouts, Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ran 1/2 mile to test leg.  Since it was supposed to be a mile it didn't go well.  Stress reaction is still a problem, but it did feel better then it has for quite awhile.  Good news was that walking felt fine, so I'll be walking for at least another week or two before I do another test...

49ers came through!  Kept thinking, Seattle was down worse and came back and SF has a better defense.   And finished tileing the kitchen and it should be usable soon...

Ray

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Jan 22, 2013 4:15 AM (in response to rcuriel)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Saturday, January 19, 2013

You're gaining Ray, walking isn't running, but it's a start.  Good luck.

Saturday was a day off for me, but I ran 7 on the railtrail Sunday.   That's the furthest I've run since going down with Plantar Fasciits and finished off a 28 mile week.  I'm gaining.

Congrats. to the 49'ers, getting to the Super Bowl isn't easy.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Jan 22, 2013 3:42 PM (in response to rcuriel)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Saturday, January 19, 2013

Yeah Ray, I'm gaining, but still being careful.  I want to try a slow build-up of mileage over the next few weeks and seee how it goes.

Sounds like your leg was close to a stress fracture when you shut it down, hang in there.

And yeah, N.E. played a decent football game last Sunday, but the Ravens played great and deserved the win.  How about Ray Lewis going to the Super Bowl for the first time?  Good stuff...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...