Skip navigation

245 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 5:18 PM by melanierich12 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 21, 2013 1:58 PM

Select Staffing Santa Barbara International Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Reviews

Share your experiences with the Select Staffing Santa Barbara International Marathon & 1/2 Marathon below Back to event details page.

• Elvia74 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 30, 2011

This event was poorly planned. I signed up for the half marathon and from beginning to end this half was the worst I have ever experienced. About 300 runners were taken by shuttle to the race start only to find out that the race had already started. As we ran the tables that provided water and or fuel were being taken down by the time we reached them. At the end we checked in items and went to pick up to find out that half the stuff I had in my check in bag was not in there. The staff supervising the booth was not even paying attention they were too busy talking with friends or checking their phones. I had to literally go past them and get my own stuff. I had someone tell me that they could easily take peoples backpacks and or jackets if they just leaned over and grabbed them. I told him to tell the person in charge, I was looking for my missing items. It was by far my worst running event. If you decide to go have someone drop you off at the race start or you won't get there in time. Also don't check in anything very irresponsible people in charge.

• melanierich12 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 31, 2011

This is a beautiful race and the people cheering along the way were probably the best of any race I have ever been to.  The only think I did not like was there was no mile markers until mile 4 and not a lot of water up until then either. I can't remember how much electrolite there was but I want to say not a ton but there was plenty of gu given out.  The post race was awesome. I really like the race and you just can't beat Santa Barabar. Better than San Diego and Huntington Beach half marathons. Plus the hotel I stayed at gave a discounted rate for the race.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...