Skip navigation

1293 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 5:41 PM by miamiHEATBOY23
KD35isbeast Amateur 24 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 28, 2013 11:12 AM

Please help me!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, I'm a 6'0 60kg 8th grader and I was hoping you could help me with something.

My coach wanted me to play point guard but I lack the driblling skills to control the ball and there was one time when I got angry at him for yelling at me so Itold him that I haven´t  got the skills to play point guard.

He took me out of the game and now he puts me at center.

I hate playing center because I never get the ball and I lack the strenght needed to post up or get any offensive boards.

I don´t want to be a forward because they also never get the ball.

In my team both guards take the ball from the defense to the offense but my coach doesn't even put me at shooting guard.

Please help me I just want to help my team winning games!!!!

Hard work beats talent whem talent doesn´t work hard.- Kevin Durant

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    1. Jan 28, 2013 1:02 PM (in response to KD35isbeast)
    Please help me!!!!!!!

I think it's a case of needing to prove to your coach that you CAN play the point guard position. But the first thing you need to do is spend an hour each day on your ball handling. In addition to this, you need to have instincts for playing the point guard position, and this comes with experience.

So, you talk to the coach, you apologize for your behavior when he yelled at you, you explain to him your plan of working on your ball handling skills, and that you would like another shot at that position.

If he doesn't go along with your suggested plan, still work on your ball handling every day, stay a positive presence on your team, and play whatever position he puts you until you are able and confident enough to prove you can play the position that you want to play.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    3. Feb 12, 2013 5:41 PM (in response to KD35isbeast)
    Please help me!!!!!!!

Yeah wat he said

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points