Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1742 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 11:52 PM by almightyD
maureen0131 Amateur 29 posts since
Oct 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 28, 2013 11:39 AM

C25K Grads - Moving On!

Hello,

I finished the C25K app in November and I've completed 3 5K events so far.  I have fallen behind and due to the snowy winter weather, I haven't been out running since December.  I am going to get back on track with a 1/2 Marathon Training program that I found online.  Its not an app, Its something I can enter into my Nike+ app on my iPod so I can track better.  It is a 10 week training and I plan to sart next week.  I'm turning 50 on Thursday so this is a my attempt at a New Me at 50!

Anybody interested in providing encouragement and tips, please join this group! 

• edensacres Pro 197 posts since
    Jun 19, 2010
    1. Jan 28, 2013 12:02 PM (in response to maureen0131)
    C25K Grads - Moving On!

Congratulations on completing C25K and completing 3-5ks.  That is fantastic.  I'm happy to follow along in your journey.  I've been running short distances for a short while, but am hoping to increase the mileage with a 1/2 in my sites too.  I have till May but you can show me the way.  What does your training plan have in store for you week 1?

Stephanie

Started C25K 3/29/11 for the third time - Graduated 7/1/11 - some of us take longer

Completed Races

Webster Co. Woodchopping Festival 5K (5/28/11) 38:03 "Holy crap! Did he just say 38 something? I was hopinig for 45 minutes"

Never underestimate yourself!

That Dam Race 5K 7/23/11 44:46 - a challenging route & a hot day- but I will do better next year!

"Run for the Ta-Ta's 5K 10/29/11 39:54 in the snow!

Woodchoppers 5K 5/26/12 36:08 My 5 year old was 5 minutes behind me. Way to go Liat!

Fly By 10k 6/16/12 1:24:12

And the dream race...

"Flying Pig Half Marathon" Cincinnati, OH (May 2013)

• jeb6294 Pro 75 posts since
    Oct 26, 2010
    2. Jan 28, 2013 8:30 PM (in response to maureen0131)
    C25K Grads - Moving On!

I also finished up in November.  They actually do races over here, but I haven't done any yet because the runners here tend to all be super-fit military people and I'm not ready to be that embarrassed yet.  I will be home before May so I did sign up to do the 5k at the Flying Pig this year.

Since I finished C25K, I've kept it up.  My runs have been shorter but more frequent.  Up until this week I have been getting out 5 or 6 mornings per weeks and running my 2 mile loop.  This week I added a new "hitch" to my loop that bumps it up to about 2.5 miles so I did 2.5 on Sun and Mon and 2 this morning.  I'll probably stick to that routine and keep adding distance gradually until my distance starts getting higher and then I'll begin adding more rest days in there.

• almightyD Expert 51 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Feb 13, 2013 11:52 PM (in response to maureen0131)
    C25K Grads - Moving On!

Hey Guys!  Been checking to see if any of the sept C25Kers were here anymore.  Finished min in Nov. did 1 5k then my Mom got very sick and was in the hosp for two months. between my 4 yr old and going back and forth to the hosp i stopped running for awhile.  Got back to about a month ago and did a minor acl tear and fracture in my knee.  In a knee brace but still walking 3 1/2 mi 3 times a week. Since I walk about as fast as I run shouldn't be too hard to get back to running in 2 weeks.  Doing the hot chocolate challenge march 3.  Running fallowed by chocolate what could be better.  Oh ya and over December I lost the most weight I ever have and as of last month hit the 70 lb mark. My plans once I get this brace off is to increase my speed and do at least 3 more 5k's this year. 

Glad to hear from you guys again!  was really missing hearing how everyone was doing and finding answers to some of my questions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...