Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

310 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 11:49 AM by BOSNPM RSS
Haggisthedog Rookie 3 posts since
May 14, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 30, 2013 11:31 AM

Burned Out and need advice to get remotivated!

Started running 3 years ago to lose weight and became addicted.  So far in my 3 years I have run 8 1/2 marathons and 1 full. this past year 2012 I ran 3 1/2's and was training for the Houston full marathon.  5 weeks out on an 18 mile run I turned my ankle, laid off a week and tried it again.  Laid off again. moved down to the 1/2 and completed the 1/2 but now I am struggling to get back out.  Doctor says my ankle is fine but it still hurts and the biggest problem is I have no motivation to go. I have tried to force myself out and it is just horrible. Has anyone been through this and how do I get out of my funk. I had hoped to train and complete an Olympic Tri in 2013. I still have the dream but not the desire.  Any advice welcome.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...