Skip navigation

113 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 8:17 AM by KellyRoberson1 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 30, 2013 8:17 AM

Blue Mountain Beach 1/2 Marathon & 10K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Blue Mountain Beach 1/2 Marathon & 10K below Back to event details page.

• KellyRoberson1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 9, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 30, 2013 8:17 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Blue Mountain Beach 1/2 Marathon & 10K Reviews

I am hopeful that the race directors will read this review and make some changes, because there is a lot of potential for this race to be as great as the Seaside race.

I ran this race last year, 2012.

First, at the start of the race, there were only two port-a-potties available to the runners.  Goatfeathers restaurant was not open for business, so the choice was the woods or a loooong wait.  The race was delayed because of the poor folks who were waiting to use the facilities.  I hate to be gross, but the woods just aren't an option for certain bathroom functions and early in the a.m. is generally the time for those kinds of functions.  MORE facilities are an absolute necessity!

Second, the last 1/2 mile of the race is UPHILL. Argh!

Finally, the race begins and ends in two separate places, which are a good distance apart.  Parking is negligible at the beginning and end of the race, and there is no transport offered between locations before or after the race.

It IS a lovely, scenic run and happens at a great time of the year.

But, it would be a lot nicer if the race was run a little more efficiently, and some consideration was given to the runner's convenience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...