Skip navigation

425 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 8:55 PM by Megan87822 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 14, 2013 1:48 PM

14th Annual Yankee Doodle Dash Reviews

Share your experiences with the 14th Annual Yankee Doodle Dash below Back to event details page.

• Shannon Mariah Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 24, 2008
    1. Feb 14, 2013 1:48 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 14th Annual Yankee Doodle Dash Reviews

By far, one of my favorite races of the entire year. It's a great event in Downtown Everett on July 4th. It is the kick-off event to a day filled with 4th of July festivities. Beautiful course through downtown Everett and you also at times get a view of the Puget Sound. I promise, you won't regret doing this race!

• JudyNMIP Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 6, 2013
    2. Mar 6, 2013 9:17 AM (in response to Guest )

Our family has participated in this event since its beginning, with our 5 year old running his first 5K over 10 years ago. Top 5 things to love about this event: flat, fast course for 5K and 10K, super family friendly with events for all ages from 2 to 90 , festive pre- 4th of July parade atmosphere with cheering and supportive volunteers, showers available post race in the Y facility, the race is something "virtuous" to do before starting the rest of your 4th of July festivities ? good for you AND benefits the Y Cancer Survivor programs.

• Megan87822 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 21, 2009
    3. Mar 11, 2013 8:55 PM (in response to Guest )

There is something magic about this race. Whether it's singing (and dancing!) the YMCA led by the fearless Gael Thompson, Scottish accent and all, as a warm up before the race, running the flat, fast course through Everett along the parade route and getting glimpses of the sound, or finishing by the Y and cheering on those in the Family run or the Kiddie Dashes (adorable), it's how my family starts every 4th of July.  Showers are open at the Y afterwards, which allows you to get cleaned up in time for the parade. Racers, walkers, 10K, 5K, Family Fun Run 1 mile, there's something for everyone. I love this event.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...