Skip navigation

197 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 6:09 PM by SoftballSmarts RSS
SoftballSmarts Legend 413 posts since
Oct 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 10, 2013 6:09 PM

The Success Secret All Softball Players Use

Often parents and coaches ask me if there is one single thing their athlete(s) can do to help insure their success on game day.

In a perfect world I could give your athlete the magic bullet that would guarantee spectacular success and an end to all game day anxiety and frustration.

The truth is I have no silver bullet but I may be able to offer you a bronze one!

You see all great fastpitch players, sometimes without even knowing they're doing it, employ a secret that invariably leads to their consistent success on the diamond.

I call it the Power of Expectation.

Champion athletes that manage to perform at peak levels, closest to their fullest potential, carry with them an expectancy for success. To them success is not a surprise, but rather inevitable.

Conversely, athletes who experience a higher level of failure also carry with them an expectation on game day; particularly in the most pivotal time of the game. However their expectancy is one of doubt, uncertainty and perhaps even failure.

The crazy and sad fact is that the physical profile of the athlete than expects success and the one that expects failure (or less than success) is often virtually identical. Both players will achieve success at the plate, on defense or in the circle; one of them is just able to do so far more frequently. Why?

Here are five action steps your athlete and team can do to activate the Power of Expectancy:

1. Trust Yourself - An expectancy for success starts with trusting in your abilities and your preparation. Consistently successful athletes rarely experience mental doubt or physical uncertainty when performing a task on the field. Doubt and trepidation on the diamond always lead to failure. Quoting Wayne Gretsky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don'rtake."

To continue reading please go to: http://www.johnmichaelkellysports.com/p/often-parents-and-coaches-ask-me-if.html

Thanks for reading!

Boost your athlete's game day confidence fast with the Sports Confidence Blueprint program!

For more FREE mental game tips and strategies visit me at: Softball Smarts or my Facebook page.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...