Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

530 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 11:48 AM by SeeFluffyRun RSS
Cor007 Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 26, 2013 3:07 PM

New to C25K

Hi, Today was my first day joining the C25K program. The questions will come but being my first day, introductions are in order.  I am a 62 year old female and have lost 65 lbs in the past 9 months.  I started walking on a treadmill a few months back and made small changes, primarily due to my age. Parking further away from stores, taking the stairs at work, getting up and walking to coworkers desks to ask questions (not emailing or calling them) and getting up in between commercials and walking around the house during TV programs. 

I found myself wanting to do more because the goals I set were reasonable and attainable.  I am ready but again, age prevails and at 62, knees pounding a pavement is replaced by fast walking.  I can do and will do this and lose the last 50 lbs. My head is in a great place, eating better (most of the time) which is another reason I have succeeded thus far.  And oh it feels good... To be continued...

Cori

• SeeFluffyRun Legend 251 posts since
    Sep 2, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 3, 2013 11:48 AM (in response to Cor007)
    New to C25K

Cori how is it going?  great tips on how to stay active in everyday life.

Graduated C25K 08/09/2009

Restarted 04/01/2013

Follow me on my journey: SEEFLUFFYRUN

Twitter: @SeeFluffyRun

Facebook: SeeFluffyRun

Blog: seefluffyrun.blogspot.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...