Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

189 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 8:30 PM by FootFalls RSS
FootFalls Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 10, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 10, 2013 8:30 PM

High-Tech and Running

Hey there!

It seems like the high-tech world is edging into the running market more and more - what with smart-device applications and training equipment and other things.  Does anyone here find this motivating or do they find it distracting?  I realize the listening to music can be a bit of a distraction in high traffic area, like roadways, but what about tracking apps and things like that - motivator or distractor?

I've also been considering the application of training equipment that helps me with foot placement - a lot of other sports may make something like what I'm about to talk about make more sense, but I think there might be some application to running - especially for some of the serious runners out there (I could be wrong, maybe starting out runners could benefit too!).  There are shoe inserts which can give you feedback about where your foot pressure lies, and not many people are doing it - I found out about this through some Olin College students out of Needham, MA working on this as a project - you can check it out here: http://unbouncepages.com/treadware2/ or on facebook: Piez-Smart Shoes for Smart Athletes.  It seems like something that makes a lot of sense to me, thoughts?  This group looks as though they're still collecting feedback and it would be really cool to help them out with something.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...