Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

227 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 10:43 AM by BridgyB RSS
BridgyB Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 15, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 15, 2013 10:43 AM

Hello! Introduction and question!

My name is Bridget, and I'm 27. I've "started running" multiple times. All my previous attempts to become a habitual runner have began with me going fast and hard. The longest that I've kept it up has been about 3-4 weeks. I'm usually stopped by an injury or sickness. If I miss a few days I have trouble getting back on track. I've finally decided to start the C25K program and I'm doing great so far. I've always felt guilty takng days off, and I still do, but my goal is to finish the program the way it's written. I've only completed the first week, but for some reason I feel like this time it will stick. I'm moderately healthy, and week 1 was a breeze. I used to be a waitress, but have recently switched to a desk job. I am less active then I have ever been in my entire life. Luckily I work from home and I can get out for a run whenever the mood strikes me.

I am actually excited about running and here's why; after years of starting, I finally have enough workout gear and clothes to feel prepared for any weather or situation. My current setup includes my Iphone and wireless headphones (how anyone can run with earbuds blows my mind). All my workout clothes have at least one zip up pocket to snugly hold my phone. I use 3 running programs simultainously Nike+ to track my runs and chime in at 1/4 mile intervals (it feels so good to hear how far I've gone), my C25K app to tell me when to run a walk (it's so much easier then looking at a stopwatch), and the all time best running purchase of my life: my Zombies, Run! app. It keeps me entertained and interested. Lukily all 3 apps work perfectly together as long as my C25K is the last one I open. I also finally found some great running shoes! My Nike Airmax's have been a lifesaver after trying and failing to use the Nike Free's for my longer runs (I do love them for walking though because they are so light!) . Finally, I have my camelbak backpack that I will start to bring on my longer runs once I get there. It's so nice to have lots of water on a run without having to deal with awkwardly carrying a bottle around. With this setup I have nothing to carry and no wires to tangle. It's like having complete freedom while being completely prepared.

The question I have is probably silly, but I just signed up about a half hour ago and haven't done much exploring. Is there a place in these forums that have weekly progress checkins? I would love to be able to follow along with people who are at the same stage as me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...