Skip navigation

343 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 8:51 PM by Tiggerflute RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 15, 2013 10:27 AM

2013 Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon Reviews

Share your experiences with the 2013 Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon below Back to event details page.

• AliHarrington Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2013
    1. Apr 15, 2013 10:27 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2013 Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon Reviews

This race is way overpriced and disorganized for what it is.  Also, it is on the Saturday of Halloween which is just poor timing! The staff is unprofessional and not reasonable. Save your money and run another (or two!) in the area.  But it is pretty... so 2 stars.  But I wouldn't do it again.

• Tiggerflute Rookie 6 posts since
    Jun 21, 2010
    2. Sep 13, 2013 8:51 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2013 Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon Reviews

This isn't a review but rather a response to the review above. Aren't most Halloween-themed races on the weekend of Halloween? I just found 100's on a google search. (Aren't Thanksgiving Turkey Trots on Thanksgiving day?) If you found the staff disorganized/unprofessional, it would be helpful to know more specifically about the problems you encountered and how they weren't resolved. I've done many races that were much better organized the next time around. It is definitely on the pricey side as you point out, and the lodging is going to cost me a much bigger bundle, not to mention my airfare from Colorado----I've made this a real destination race. Since I have to rate it in order to post this (even though it will be my first time) I'll give it 5* because I know how beautiful the area is and love the idea of wine-country races. If I find problems with the staff as you have, or have other disappointments, I will rate it again accordingly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...