Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

560 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 3:42 PM by NzAndy
buckysbitch Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 17, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2013 11:38 AM

Casual Shoes for every day use WITH SUPPORT?

This is my first post! I am having issues with an unidentified leg injury.After my first half marathon I fractured my leg, took time off to heal, ran 2more half marathons and then fractured the same leg during my training to a 4th half marathon. Since then Ive rested, healed and work with a physical therapiston a weekly bases. My PT has changed my gait, has me on a strength and stretching program and has me running in shoes with more support as I pronate a bit.  Despite all this, pain is starting to creep back into my trouble spot.

An additional thing he wanted me to do was change my every day shoes. I usually wear converse as my every day, casual shoe. My physical therapist has band me from wearing converse and ordered me to buy casual shoes with more support. I am a 27 year old male. Does anyone have any suggestions on stylish casual shoes that still offer enough support?

Thanks!

• NzAndy Pro 77 posts since
    Oct 23, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 17, 2013 3:42 PM (in response to buckysbitch)
    Casual Shoes for every day use WITH SUPPORT?

Most brands have support styles available.  I wear Asics for all my athletics but I have a desk job so I don't worry as much about support for business attire.  You can also check into inserts that offer more support at a cheaper price than new shoes and might keep your Converses going. 

Ultimately you'll have to either do some research on your favorite brand or ask at the store to see what options are available.

Andy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...