Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

550 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2013 10:09 AM by WSYL
WSYL Expert 57 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 21, 2013 10:09 AM

How to talk to a coach

I left Chicago and I am now in AZ. I got hooked up as a assistant coach with a league in AZ. The team that I help out with has a bunch of great kids, and some very good ball players. Our team is not winning any games. We have one major issue. We are not practicing. The coach had 4 practices before the season started, and we have not practiced since. From what I understand this coach is new to the Majors division. This team is losing games on basic fundamentals. Things that if we practice only 2 hrs a week could make a major difference. The other teams in the league are practicing like never before, and it shows. After every game the coach tells the kids, you can't have your head down during the game, and you have got to come to play ball. But if you do not know what you are suppose to do, you can't come to play ball. I took it upon myself to grab 2 of our kids (1 who has never played ball before, and one who needed help at the plate) and worked with them on my own time. Progress is being made, but the whole team needs to practice. He puts players all in the wrong positions, and wrong in the batting order. He puts then in the order, of their OBP from last year?!?!?!

I have made multiple suggestions to the coach, and it seems as if it makes it worse everytime I say something. I've talked to him face to face, and sent emails. I have tried to be diplomatic as possible about it, now I want to be very frank. Parents have asked also, and he has shot them down.

How would any of you coaches that have been around for ages handle this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...