NEED HELP?|

582 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 1, 2013 5:31 AM by Lou_B
davehub Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 30, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 30, 2013 1:43 PM

Do you practice

Hello,

I was told this is a site where there are baseball coaches. I just want to know do you guys practice with your teams and how often on a weekly basis? My son plays on a 11-12 year little league team. They do not practice, and they are getting killed out on the field. The coach tells us the reason we are losing is because the other teams are travel teams. I know this is bull because they had to practice to get that good. The former league my son was in, they practice 3 times a week. When we ask the coach about practice, he sent out a message saying that we should not e gumbling about anything, because he gave us the opportunity to step up and help out. One of the assistant coaches, have been doing his on voluntary practices, and the coach kind of frowns upon it. Any insgiht on how to deal with this.

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 1, 2013 5:31 AM (in response to davehub)
    Do you practice

Teams need to practice, that's how they get better.

How much they practice is up to the manager/coaches.

Around here, once games starts, teams still practice once or twice a week.

Maybe the manager doesn't have the time to do both games and practices (although he should have thought about that before volunteering to manage).

If that's the case, maybe the coaches could hold some practices.

If there are a number of parents that are concerned about no practices I'd suggest talking to the manager about it after your next game.

By the way, Travel Teams can not "join" Little League.

The players from a Travel Team can register but they are subject to be drafted onto any team the same as anyone else in the draft.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...