Skip navigation

293 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 8:52 PM by TheresaNguyen3 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 8, 2013 7:23 PM

THE RAVE RUN SAN JOSE Reviews

Share your experiences with the THE RAVE RUN SAN JOSE below Back to event details page.

• WendyEspinoza Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 3, 2012
    1. May 12, 2013 12:07 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: THE RAVE RUN SAN JOSE Reviews

This is the WORST 5K I've ever done.  The race started 90 minutes late, there was virtually no light on the of the race so many runners, including myself, tripped or rolled their ankles on the rocks that were all over the course.  Also, because the even security had not done their job and let drunk and high people in, there were just people laying all over the course, some in the dark area.  This was a horrible event and a waste of money.  Active.com should pull it from their roster of events.

• Toinky Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 5, 2011
    2. May 12, 2013 8:23 AM (in response to Guest )

This is the worst marathon I've seen! It was chaotic and unorganized. There were no guides on the trail. People trip over rocks, uneven pavements and construction cones (that suppose to separate the runners from the walkers). I'm sure HS kids had a blast. Will not recommend this for anyone. Security sucks. It's not worth the price. A lot of people were very very disappointed (except maybe for the people who enjoyed the after party)

Well the point is, this was suppose to be a sports event where people can do a  5k marathon. The organizers failed miserably.

• Kdarner Rookie 1 posts since
    May 12, 2013
    3. May 12, 2013 1:04 PM (in response to Guest )

HORRIBLE.  Way oversold. 20K people running a 5K is not a safe thing, especially in the dark.  The was advertised as a family event, but I was afraid for the children I saw there.  Parking was a nightmare and I was getting claustrophobic standing for an HOUR waiting for the race to start. I got there early and was ready to go on time.  Why punish the people who plan ahead by making them stand for an hour while you hold the race to get latecomers registered? Will NOT be back and will not recommend this to anyone ever. If I could give it 0 or negative stars I would.  

• ValerieCypert Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 27, 2013
    4. May 12, 2013 5:05 PM (in response to Guest )

This was a terrible experience and we left early. Highly disorganized, unsafe, filthy, and NOT A RAVE. Or a run! Too many people made it impossible to run. Epic fail

• TheresaNguyen3 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 6, 2013
    5. May 13, 2013 8:52 PM (in response to Guest )

Most of the run was in the dark and this isn't an exaggeration. I had to turn on my phone's flashlight most of the run. I recommend anyone that got injured in the run to sue the planners for negligence; I was shocked at how dangerous the run was. We basically ran on unpaved roads full of rocks and dips/holes in the dark. I nearly fell twice. There were barely any "Rave Lights" nor were there any music for most of the run. I'm so surprised more people weren't injured, though I did see two people fall and an ambulance outside. There is nothing enjoyable about this and I highly recommend no one go to this run or any other runs this organizer creates. They obviously do not care about runner safety and just want to save and gain as much money as possible.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...