Skip navigation

859 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 6:00 PM by Rebound23 RSS
Jordanhops Rookie 1 posts since
May 9, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 9, 2013 10:57 PM

What position should i play?

I am a 6'1-6'2 13 year old.I am too skinny and have an enormous wingspan ,I can jump out the building, But due to my lack of strength i tend to get pushed around in the paint. I am comfortable playing on the wing and have a consistent jumpshot. When my coach wants me to play in the post i tend to face up alot or get pushedaround and travel ,but due to my quickness i can usually beat slower bigman out of position.I am comfortable playing the 3.I settle for jumpshots way too much,But i am very skilled in the post.My rebounding is a great aspect of my game,I have pretty small hands but i can hustle and use my athleticsm for loose balls and dive out of bounds.I run the floor very well and get fastbreak points.I have problems being aggressive on defense,the only thing i do good is pick passing lanes.I can guard stronger bigman and i dont have the stamina to play on defense on the wings.I have played the small forward-center.Im high energy and i plau with passion and a love for the game.

IF i sound likanyone in the nba please leave player comparisons.I want to find my position and i dont see any players like me

• BallingIsLife24 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 28, 2013
    1. May 12, 2013 6:07 PM (in response to Jordanhops)

I dont know any player comparisons but you could be a small forward, usually i would think center but you will need more strength

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    2. May 15, 2013 6:00 PM (in response to Jordanhops)

You should bulk up man. I don't mean any disrespect but you got to be able to rough it up in the post and DUNK ON A GUY! Ohh that would feel real good. but yeah you have to be able to back down other posts. It's never good to be "too skinny" no matter the position. You got to be able to take a beating in the post. Also think about it this way, you got a good jump shot so if you become a better post player you'll be an unstoppable threat from both inside and outside the paint. Not to mention that rebounding of yours will skyrocket because no longer will you be pushed around by other big men. As for position small forward will probably best suit you until you add some strength like BallingIsLife24 said.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...