Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8028 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 6:08 PM by GBOROWSKI RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
SamuelWanjiruFan Amateur 24 posts since
Oct 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 21, 2013 8:09 AM

For those who started C25K in May

Hello

It's been a while since I've posted here. Like 3 years or something. I'm reading through my posts and oh my God I was so supportive for you guys

Anyways, after 3 years of idleness I decided I give C25K another try. Last time I finished week 7 and I don't really remember but probably the university and the bad weather made me stop.

I started C25K in early May, and tomorrow I'm on W4D2.

At first I thought that because of running 3 years ago and because I was walking for 2 hours every day the last few months the C25K would be easier and maybe I should skip a week or so, I was wrong.

The first 3 weeks were moderately easy but W4D1 was really exhausting. And it's a big difference, a lot more running than the previous week and a lot less walking. But I'll manage it.

Others who strated C25K in early May, can use this thread for commenting and stuff as well.

If you can't join them, beat them!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,333 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. May 22, 2013 6:15 AM (in response to SamuelWanjiruFan)

Keep in mind that there is no "average speed" for C25K.  You do it at whatever pace is most comfortable for you.  Don't worry about speed.

Len

• AColeslaw Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 1, 2013
    6. Jun 1, 2013 11:00 AM (in response to SamuelWanjiruFan)

I'm on week 4 - for the second time. I got behind on my 3x a week because of school so I decided to just do one rounds of week 4's plan before moving on.

5 does look like a big jump up! Especially that third day! I plan to do W5D1 on Monday. Will report back!

• youngendeavour Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 5, 2013
    8. Jun 5, 2013 11:20 PM (in response to SamuelWanjiruFan)

Well done - you are inspiring me!

I have just completed W3D3 so my next run is week 4. I am worried based on your response going from week 3 to week 4 - big jump. I'm technically not meant to run until tomorrow but am thinking I'll do it tonight anyway.

I've signed up for a 8km run in 6 weeks. I used to be quite a good runner but don't run at all anymore. I'm hoping it will all come back quickly (even though I'm doing C25K and it's an 8k run haha).

• scargosun Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    11. Jun 10, 2013 11:16 AM (in response to SamuelWanjiruFan)

This is my second time using C25K although this time I am heavier than I was when I did it before and boy can I tell!  I started at the tail end of May so I completed W3D1 this morning.  Had some problems due to some dehydration and wine consumption last night.    At any rate, I did it and was actually glad that I could recognize that my body was not in a great place for the run/walk.  I know what I need to do -  will just make sure I am ready for my next two since the dreaded W3 to W4 transition is next week. 

Good luck this week everyone!

• Kelly1066 Pro 109 posts since
    Jul 12, 2012
    13. Jun 11, 2013 7:04 PM (in response to SamuelWanjiruFan)

This totally makes me reminisce!  I finished C25K last fall and I remember the last two weeks being the absolute hardest for me.  It was just such a MENTAL stretch to go for so long running without a walking break, even though my body could actually do it.  I finally broke through by running with a more experienced runner who was willing to go slow and support me for it, although I'm sure I could have done it myself, it was nice to have that support.

Hope you've signed up for a 5k and enjoy your new fitness when you're done by continuing to run!  I've really loved it.

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...