Skip navigation

193 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 1:30 AM by sophializhu RSS
sophializhu Pro 144 posts since
Mar 17, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 23, 2013 1:30 AM

4 Steps to Import AVI, WMV, MKV, MPG, M4V, FLV, MTS files to Final Cut Pro editing

Get this article Source Original:Step by step to Converter MKV/AVI/WMV/FLV/M4V/MTS files to Final Cut Pro==== portable-device-conversion.com

Q: I got some Flash Video/YouTube video (*.flv, *.f4v) files and HD Video (*.tod, *.mod, *.mov, *.mts, *.m2t, *.m2ts, *.ts, *.tp, *.trp, *.evo, *.mkv, *.dv ), stored on my mac computer, and I wanna import them to video editor FCP for editing. But the editor seems that can not recognize the .mkv files. Who guys can give me some suggestion?

Mac users like to edit videos on Final Cut Pro, which is a powerful video editing, and it now import and edit AVCHD, H.264, AVC-Intra, DVCPRO HD, but it can't import AVI, MKV, WMV, M4V videos, which is really a pain. So how to make it possible?

Yes! There are many ways, but from which we should pick one of the most simple.Take my own for an example. I am a video-editing lover, and I want to edit iTunes M4V movies, TV shows or music videos on Final Cut Pro.But as M4V is DRM protected by Apple's FairPlay copyright policy, it is not supported by Final Cut Pro. So in order to import iTunes M4V to Final Cut Pro, we should firstly remove DRM from the M4V files and convert the M4V to Final Cut Pro supported formats, like .MOV. In this case, a professional Final Cut Pro Video Converter for Mac can be useful for those who can't import iTunes m4V to FCP on Mac OS X.

What Can Mac Video to FCP Converter Do?

One good Video to Final Cut Pro Converter is called Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. It is an all-in-one video converter on Mac OS X. It is able to do format conversion among various popular video and audio formats, including Flash Video/YouTube video (*.flv, *.f4v), HD Video (*.tod, *.mod, *.mov, *.mts, *.m2t, *.m2ts, *.ts, *.tp, *.trp, *.evo, *.mkv, *.dv ), General Video (*.avi, *.mpg, *.wmv, etc), QuickTime video(*.mov), DVR Videos (*.tivo) and more. With it, we can rewrap all video fromat files to Apple ProRes mov for FCP X with fast encoding speed. Moreover, it provides video editing functions like cropping, trimming, adding special effect, etc, bring us a wonderful home movie as we want.

Now following the guide below: Step by step to Converter MKV/AVI/WMV/FLV/M4V/MTS files to Final Cut Pro

[b]First
, Launch the Mac ProRes Conversion program; click "Add" button from main menu to browse your computer hard drive and select the files you want to convert. Or you can easily drag-and-drop files into this application for converting.

Tip: You can check the “Merge into one” box to merge several video files together for easier editing.

Secondly, Click "format" bar and choose "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as Final Cut Pro X compatible codec for editing AVI , WMV, MKV files in FCP X smoothly. ProRes 422(HQ), Pro Res 422(LT), Pro Res 444, Pro Res 422(Proxy) are all the proper choice.

Thirdly, Tap "settings" to customize the output parameters- adjust the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel, etc to get a decent video for editing in Final Cut Pro.

Finally, Click the "Convert" button to start encoding AVI/WMV/MKV to ProRes MOV for FCP X right away. This conversion process will finish soon. Afterwards, click the Open button to locate the output files and import to FCP X for editing smoothly.

Additional Tips

1. If you meet any importing & editing problems with kinds of popular video edit programs like FCP, FCE, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc, you can link to Video Editors Tips and Tricks colum to get the solution.

2. If you are a Panasonic, Canon or Sony user, you can get the Full HD video camera tips to fast solve the MOV, AVCHD .mts/m2ts, MXF importing and editing issues.

Learn More:

Sharing: Top Smartphon Comparison Guide 2013

Can Galaxy S4 play MKV, AVI, VOB, TiVo, MPG, FLV/F4V videos

Best Blu-ray/DVD Video Converter for Google Nexus 10

Downloading DVD movies onto Google Nexus 4

How-To: Rip/Copy DVDs to Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Get Blu-ray movies playback on Google/LG Nexus 4 with HD video quality

Convert and transfer Blu-ray movies to Galaxy S4 with best quality

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...