Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

597 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2013 3:27 PM by KaelynsMama
KaelynsMama Rookie 4 posts since
Apr 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 25, 2013 3:27 PM

Running and Hypothyroidism

Hello... I'm 29 years old and have been an avid runner for the past 5 years. I quit running when I was about 6 months pregnant with my daughter and picked it back up again as soon as I got the doctor's okay. Well, when in training for a marathon, where I had ran at least 50 miles a week, I packed on 30 lbs! I also started tracking my calories, thinking I was eating too much. I finally got into the doctor after the weight gain, constant illness, and draining fatigue to find out I had hypothyroidism! So I take my medicine... still run like hell and watch my calories and still can not get rid of the weight I had gained. It is pretty taxing on my body carrying an extra 30-40 lbs along with me for all of the miles I run. Anybody else have this problem and hopefully some good insight and advice? It would be appreciated!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points