Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

433 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 28, 2013 11:48 AM by PaoloIam
2fat2befit Rookie 1 posts since
May 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 26, 2013 5:21 PM

Need motivation

Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 32 year old with 3 kids. I started running in November of last year. I can not run fast at all actually I'm more of a 16 minute runner. I am very scared of hurting myself because I am also 220 plus lbs. I used to run on a treadmill and that got boring. My goal this year is a half marathon. I stopped running a few weeks ago after some health issues and now I'm having tr hardest time starting against and committing to a half marathon in September. I would love to find a running buddy yet no sites are local in my area :-(. I am looking for some motivation or encouragement because I so need this! I want to do a half, I've done. 5k and my pr is 8 miles but I'm so slow and out of shape. I know that that won't stop me but I'm having trouble committing.

• PaoloIam Rookie 4 posts since
    May 21, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 28, 2013 11:48 AM (in response to 2fat2befit)
    Need motivation

Hi buddy. I'm sorry about your health issues. The motivation has a HUGE influence on the performance. It is also true in all the individual sports.

You should try to check website such as meetup.com, you may find few running group close your area. If them are too far away, you could join them every 1 or 2 week. I think this would help you a lot.

Moreover there are apps out there that will help you to make your running experience more social. I can think of runkeeper, runtastic, strava and many others.

I also suggest you to check out this new technology and could help you a lot:

http://www.heapsylon.com/sensoria-fitness/

Hope I was helpful.

Bests,

Paolo

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...