Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

515 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2013 6:52 PM by Kelly1066
Kelly1066 Pro 133 posts since
Jul 12, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 9, 2013 6:52 PM

Racing Mistakes I've Made

Hey everyone!

I did C25K less than a year ago and JUST ran my first 10k last weekend, which was really exciting for me.  But in between I've run a couple other 5ks, and with all of that I've started to notice myself making some totally classic racing mistakes that I thought other new runners might be interested in.

I've written a lot about running on one of my other blogs, and am just starting a new blog only about running to chronicle my thoughts on being a new runner as I go from not running even a mile a year ago to hopefully running my first half marathon in September.  Yikes.

Anyway - in case it's useful for people who are signing up for first races or seconds... here are some things I've learned the hard way!

And happy running, everyone.  As someone who had never run a mile a year ago, I am SO happy that I did C25k, and I found it incredibly rewarding to get to the point where I could just go out for a three mile run.  If you're doing C25K, know that you will totally get there, and it's ok if not every run goes how you want... sometimes I repeated days of the program, but I made it and it was worth it.

Anyway - here's that link in case you're interested in reading about my racing mistakes - http://iamrunningthis.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-racing-mistakes.html

-Kelly

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...