Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

405 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2013 5:13 PM by lenzlaw
dgalusha Rookie 1 posts since
Jun 7, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 10, 2013 12:27 PM

Track?  Street?  Where to start?

I'm new here and I have NEVER done a running thing before.  My husband and daughter laugh at me because I look ridiculous if I run to the car when it's raining!  haha!!!  But I had a wakeup call yesterday about how out of shape I am and I've been thinking about starting this c25k thing for a while.  Here I am..... So, my question is should I start out at the track?  Or on some street?  Is that a judgement call?

Any help is great!

D

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,431 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 10, 2013 5:13 PM (in response to dgalusha)
    Track? Street? Where to start?

If you have a convenient track that is in good shape, that is as good a place as any to start - no traffic worries etc.  Two things: as a matter of courtesy to faster runners, stick to the outside lanes, and change direction every couple laps if possible (this may get you some looks), so that you're not always turning left.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points