Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

265 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2013 1:10 PM by Weirdfishes RSS
Weirdfishes Rookie 2 posts since
Jun 15, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2013 1:10 PM

Transition to conventional, cushioned shoes

Hello, my name is Mike and I'm new to the forum, so again, hello and hello.

Earlier this week, I bought a pair of Reebok Cushrun shoes with the intent of focusing on run distance.  Prior to this, I had a pair of Brooks Green Silence, which I absolutely loved but knew they were not intended for roadrunning distances >8 miles or so, even though I would just do it anyway.  So I've had a few runs in the Reeboks.  First on a treadmill to break them in, which went well.  Then again yesterday, outdoors, for 5 miles.  Then again today, outdoors, for 10 miles.  My right foot is bothering me quite a bit, and could possibly be injured to a mild extent.  I am wondering if any of you have made the transition from trail runners to cush-runners before (even though it's usually the other way around) and have any advice on a proper break-in technique.  The cushion does make quite a difference during the run but it feels as if post-run pains may be more prominent.  But there also could be mitigating factors like too much distance too quickly in new shoes, or the fact that I got hit by a car while biking last sunday and that's running my body through a whirl.  Any insight is appreciated, thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...