Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

909 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2013 8:37 PM by 50 States HALF Marathon RSS
msgrimes Rookie 3 posts since
Jun 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 26, 2013 11:16 AM

help with knee pain. new runner

I'm a new runner and I'm going between 2-2.5 miles 4 to 5 times a week. In the beginning I had pain all over that went away after a few days of running. I'm guessing those areas just needed to get used to running. However not all the time but frequent enough I still get a random pain in the outside of my right knee. Its sorta hard to pinpoint but its more favors the lower end of the knee. I'm wondering if I should just champ it out or not. Not sure what it is. Its frustrating because if the pain was not there I would be running much better. once the pain kicks in I'm forced to walk. Also when I start walking it kinda feels like the pain gets tight for a few min. And the pain does not go away till I sit I feel it while I'm walking after I run but not during my walking through out the day. Thanks. I just want to get in shape and this is sorta hindering it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points