Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

898 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 6, 2013 12:27 AM by GeoWolf
Sadiefrye Rookie 1 posts since
Jun 24, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 6, 2013 9:21 AM

C25K time vs. distance

I'm using the Active Media Couch-to-5K app and I'm more interested in distance than time, I have a friend using another app and when she got to where I am (Week 3), it gave her the option to switch from timed running to distance running ("run 300 meters" rather than "run for 3 minutes"). Do you know if there is an option to switch from time to distance using this app? I can't find it in the settings.

• GeoWolf Pro 100 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 6, 2013 12:27 AM (in response to Sadiefrye)
    C25K time vs. distance

I have no idea.  If it does I haven't seen it.  I am slow so I have always run for time or I'd be out there all night.  That does mean it's going to take me longer than the 9 weeks to hit 5K but it is what it is.  Are you slow like me and want to try and go the distane even if it takes you longer or are you fast and you just aren't wanting to take the time to run further?   

Get up and try again! I think I must be setting a record for how many times I've been sidelined in my quest to actually run an entire 5K. Back injury, bronchitis, knee injury, bad cold, broken toe, biopsy. I am determined to make it.

2013 - Gritty Goddess Mud Run (Run/Walk)

2013 - Firefly Run (Run/Walk)

2014 - ??

My 6 year old ran in the Gritty Kids Mud Run and I couldn't keep up. LOL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points