Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1407 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 11:30 AM by tsh48
Salescrafter Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 8, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 8, 2013 8:29 AM

What Treadmill to get?

I would like to get a treadmill in the $1700-2000 range. I do NOT want a folding treadmill, and needs to be soft on the knees. What do you guys recommend?

Many thanks

JLB

• tsh48 Amateur 19 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 27, 2014 11:30 AM (in response to Salescrafter)
    What Treadmill to get?

I've been a treadmill runner for almost 15 years (age 66) and do from 40-60 miles per week, running virtually every day.    I started with very inexpensive treadmills from the local sporting goods store and quickly started burning them out and having them replaced under warranty until, after my 7th replacement, I broke down and bought a used True 450 for very little money.   It is built like a tank, has a great belt and motor and is the quietest treadmill I've ever run on including some $6-7,000 mills in health clubs.   When this one finally gives up, I'll be buying another True for sure.   Good luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points