Skip navigation

522 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2013 12:00 PM by justamaniac RSS
justamaniac Pro 179 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 24, 2013 4:18 AM

Question: why do we run marathons?

This is a pilot survey that is attempting to understand why we run marathons and I would appreciate your input.  (I had originally posted this under the "General Discussion" section).

I'm hoping for responses from previous marathoners as well as from folks that haven't run one before but are thinking about it.  The numbers of people that are signing up for marathons is growing every year and my mission is to try to understand why.  For the record, I have no affiliation with any event organizers, running organizations, manufacturers or retailers in the running industry.  I am just a runner with an interest in why things are what they are.

The link for the survey (4 questions - it'll take you 60 seconds) is located at:

http://whydowerunmarathons.blogspot.com  

I have embedded a free survey tool in that blog that allows anonymous responses and has no crazy links.   If you have any problems, please let me know.

Many thanks for participating!  If I am able to obtain any interesting information, I will post a summary of the results.

-bill

• Kelly1066 Pro 114 posts since
    Jul 12, 2012
    1. Jul 24, 2013 7:13 AM (in response to justamaniac)

I have lots of thoughts on why we DON'T run marathons if you want to hear those

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

• Julie Ann Hackett Legend 228 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    2. Jul 24, 2013 9:20 AM (in response to justamaniac)

Good luck with your project.  The survey really is short and took about 30 seconds to answer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...