Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

606 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 8:08 AM by LisaC25K
Fuggin Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 24, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2013 4:50 PM

C25K app

Hello...I started using the C25K program and had a question about the speeds at which I should be walking and jogging at. When I am done with the program, I am only doing about 2.5 miles instead of 3 miles (approx 5k). What speed should I walk and jog at?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,422 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Jul 29, 2013 5:26 AM (in response to Fuggin)
    C25K app

Run at a speed that is comfortable for you, fast enough that you aren't loafing, slow enough that you can finish each "interval" without feeling beat. A good test is to be able to speak in short sentences while running. Walk at a brisk pace, not a stroll.

As for distance, don't worry about it. You don't have to cover 3 miles, particularly if you're doing it by time.

Len

• LisaC25K Rookie 5 posts since
    Jun 7, 2013
    2. Aug 22, 2013 8:08 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    C25K app

I'm not sure how to make a new question about the C25K app - so responding to this.  I have this app on my phone.  This morning I did Week 6 Day 3.  At the beginning it says that Week 6 Day 3 is Brisk 5 minute warmup walk.  Jog for 25 minutes.  I did that, and when it went to walk 5 minutes at the end (which I thought was the cool down), at the end of that 5 minute walk it told me to run 25 minutes again.  I didn't do it, since this was my first time running for 25 straight minutes (and I only have 35-40 minutes for my trainings in the mornings before work).  So I had to "quit" the work out.  I went onto Active.com to see the C25K running plan on paper and for Week 6 Day 3 it says Warm up walk 5 minutes and Jog for 22 mintues.  It doesn't mention jogging another 25 minutes before the 5 minute cool down.

Anyway my app won't let me show Week 6 Day 3 as complete.  Anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...