Skip navigation

1102 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 6:29 PM by TruePoint11
lilcrazy4389 Amateur 9 posts since
Jul 13, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 3, 2013 12:53 PM

What position should I play in high school?

I am 5'9 without shoes but 5 1/2 with shoe. I'm entering my freshman year. I have great mid-range shooter and can post up well. I am still working this summer on my handles and my 3-point has got more consistent. My biggest strength is defense. I can block from the perimeter or in the paint and can stay with a ball handler. So what position should I play in high school and what do you think is my role? Also rate my game

• TruePoint11 Amateur 15 posts since
    Aug 9, 2013
    1. Aug 9, 2013 5:22 PM (in response to lilcrazy4389)

If you are playing freshman or JV you can actually play small foward. Based on your skill set on any level you would be a great swingman, and if you play varsity you can play shooting guard if yur handles are good enough

• TruePoint11 Amateur 15 posts since
    Aug 9, 2013
    3. Aug 12, 2013 6:29 PM (in response to lilcrazy4389)

Well this has helped me a lot, I go out and go up and down my street dribbling my ball making sure I am looking up and at every plant I do a dribble move. Another one, I go in the dark and dribble, this makes sure even if I do look I cannot see, so I am learning to do dribble moves looking up. I also get a well pumped ball and a terribly pumped ball and try to dribble both low and at the same level. Also I get cones, but it can be books or something and I dibble past them and  rossover when I get to a dribble dumby (I use my friends). Also practice dribbling a tennis ball, if you can dribble that well you can dribble a basketball great. I also use some ihoops drills.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points