Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

668 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 7:27 AM by lenzlaw RSS
Kohn99 Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 7, 2013 8:45 AM

Running Shoe Insoles

Good Day Everyone

I have a pair of Asics that I have purchased and after a month (past time to return them ) I have come to realize they are not supporting me as they should. I have become plagued with severe shin splints and knee pain; this was not the case with my prior shoes which were Mizunos. I am hoping to still get the mileage out of these Asics and I am hoping someone could suggest a insert that may help me. Thank you for listening.

• crl8686 Legend 1,293 posts since
    Nov 11, 2007
    1. Aug 8, 2013 7:34 PM (in response to Kohn99)
    Running Shoe Insoles

Inserts can help correct some biomechanical problems and might be able to compensate for a deficiency in the new shoes. What specific model (not just the company name) are your old and new shoes? Need that info to determine the difference between the shoes.

2014 highlights...

@ 5K: Ontario Mills Run, Ontario, CA, 25:19

Angels Baseball Foundation 5K, Anaheim, CA, 24:15

@ 10K: LA Chinatown Firecracker Run, Los Angeles, CA, 51:44

Great Race of Agoura - Old Agoura 10K, Agoura Hills, CA, 50:31

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,276 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Aug 9, 2013 7:27 AM (in response to Kohn99)
    Running Shoe Insoles

Also be sure to include your running history - how long (months/years) you've been running, days and miles per week, progression in miles per week and long runs, any recent changes in your routine such as adding speedwork, hills or a longer run, etc.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points