Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

530 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 4:09 AM by lonesurfer RSS
lonesurfer Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 31, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 1, 2013 4:09 AM

polar watch or hrm bluetooth band for iphone

Hi there

I'm new at running.

I've been running for 2 month and want to buy some gear to help me running.

since i have an iphone, and i always carry it on my runs, i've come up with a question about buying extra gear.

should i buy a watch with an HRM and a datalink to transfer data to computer or should i buy just a bluetooth HRM band and buy an app for my iphone?

I can buy a Polar RCX3 with the HRM band and a data link pen to transfer for £65.

The bluetooth HRM for the iphone is £50.

the difference isn't that much and if its a better choice, i can buy the watch.

the questions that i have are:

1 - is there any app that advices us of a training zone as the polar watch gives us?

2 - is there any app that gives us the same performance as the ones on the watch?

3 - is there any app that tells us "hey, your HR is too high and you should stick to this training zone"?

4 - is there any app that gives you the features has the watch gives you?

5 - is the polar RCX3 with the usb data link good, given the price of £65? or there a better watch?

thanks for all

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points