Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

417 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 4:52 AM by lenzlaw
Dwightruns Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 5, 2013 4:00 PM

should I drop to a 5k

Hi I am signed up for a half marathon,(CanadaArmy Run), on sept 21st and training hasn't been ideal. Due to injury and a late start i still havent done a long run over 11 km and have been building to a weekly avg of 30km.So with two weeks I'm wondering whether I should drop to the 5km race or wing it and run/ walk the half marathon?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,430 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 6, 2013 4:52 AM (in response to Dwightruns)
    should I drop to a 5k

It depends on how you're feeling overall and what your goals are.  If you generally feel OK, no injury after-effects or nagging aches and pains, you should be OK to finish the half, either run/walk or just taking it easy.  You won't set any records, but the miles you're doing are enough to let you complete the race.  If you want to run a race hard though, you're better off going for the 5K.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...