Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1361 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2013 5:48 AM by SHjuststarting RSS
JaMT12 Rookie 2 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 10, 2013 10:20 PM

5K training in 4 weeks?

Hello All,

After a pretty bad breakup, I decided to to all the things that I put off while in the relationship. The first thing that I signed up for was a 5K, which will be held in October. I started the Couch to 5K program, but did not stick to the schedule - days wallowing in self-pity, and all that.

I am now doing 2 miles-intervals - in 30 minutes and I am starting to get anxious that I will not be in proper shape for the event.

Based on experience, does anyone have advice on how I should approach the next 4 weeks? I know that there is a wealth of information out there, but I am over-whelmed and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,369 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Sep 11, 2013 5:23 AM (in response to JaMT12)
    5K training in 4 weeks?

Just continue to follow the plan (C25K) and figure that you will run/walk the 5K.  Don't worry about it, or try to do too much.  You'll do OK.

Len

• SHjuststarting Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 12, 2013
    3. Oct 13, 2013 5:48 AM (in response to JaMT12)
    5K training in 4 weeks?

Hi,

You will feel amazing when you've finished! I've just start doing the parkruns and its really helped, the encouragement you get from other runners as they lap you really helps!

You might come in last but thats ok, every journey starts with a single step! Think of it as a race against yourself and try and better your time with each one!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points