Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

460 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2013 3:14 PM by shipo RSS
shipo Legend 455 posts since
Aug 9, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 11, 2013 8:58 AM

Time for new shoes...

Hey gang,

Over the last 4 years I've managed to log somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 miles, all of which was on dirt trails with the exception of 40-50 miles (the most recent 600 miles have been logged since June first).  My current shoes are Asics Gel-Scouts ("neutral" category, I am heavy and have high arches), and they are looking seriously beat after logging about 700 trail miles.

I told you that to ask you this:

I was just roped into joining a 200 mile relay team for this weekend (I'm being asked to run about 30 miles in 30 hours) as last minute replacement.  Clearly my trail shoes aren't going to cut it; any suggestions and/or strong recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 11, 2013 11:53 AM (in response to shipo)
    Time for new shoes...

The same shoe!  It's to late for try something new unless you can"t find the Acics Gel-Scounts!  700 is a lot of miles on a shoe!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...