Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

364 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 7:28 PM by Mydragonflies RSS
Mydragonflies Rookie 4 posts since
Sep 15, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 25, 2013 7:28 PM

OMG!  Week 2 and pain behind left knee...

Okay, so I am 220lbs.  I lost 5 lbs in about 10 days from a healthier diet.  I walked/jogged 4x in week one and the fourth time, I noticed soreness behind my left knee (interior).  I rested for 2 days, then did w2, d1.  I walked/jogged 2.2 miles in 33 minutes (adding an extra jog).  Well, I woke up that night with noticeable pain in the back of my left knee.  Just by bending my leg, the pain stopped.  I used to be a runner so I am really good about stretching after my routine, but I don't know what to do now...  I want to keep up some sort of exercise but I don't want to REALLY injure my knee.  I am extremely bummed out bc I really, really, REALLY love jogging.  I don't want to not walk/jog for a week or two.  Should I just walk for 30 minutes 3 or 4x this week?  I feel like it is important to be active in some way (and please don't suggest swimming!).  Any advice??  Thank you!

"When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't." Thomas Edison

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...