Skip navigation

222 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 3:49 PM by Playout RSS
Playout Rookie 2 posts since
Sep 25, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 25, 2013 3:49 PM

Better than Crossfit?

Crossfit has taken the United States by storm. But is the latest fad in exercise really as good as it gets? I'm excited about a new product that essentially puts your Crossfit gym into your pocket, so you can take it with you anywhere, and exercise anytime. The product is Playout: The Game, an exercise card game that makes fitness fun, convenient, and effective. Playout just launched its Kickstarter video (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1209102011/playout-the-game-the-exercise-card-game), and I want to know how the ACTIVE community compares Playout to other exercise programs like Crossfit.

I did a quick Pros and Cons for Playout vs. Crossfit, but I want to see what you think!

Crossfit

+ Group Instruction: People are generally more motivated when they are being pushed by an instructor

+ Group Setting: People love to be challenged by their peers, and the Crossfit community is a strong one

+ Competition: Love that it's the "Crossfit Games"

+ Effective: The results of Crossfit are pretty impressive for the people that survive the challenge without getting injured

- Cost: A cheaper Crossfit gym is still going to cost you over $100 a month

- Injury: People who are new to Crossfit are often not ready for the physical challenge and often injure themselves severely. Even those who are experienced can still suffer from unhealthy amounts of exercise

- Convenience: You need a gym and you need a trainer

+/- Lifestyle: For some, the Crossfit lifestyle and cult-like fanaticism is great and motivating, while for others, it is intimidating and overwhelming.

Playout

+ Fun: The emphasis of Playout is to MAKE FITNESS FUN. The games you can play with the cards consistently deliver fun workouts

+ Convenience: You don't need anything more than your deck and your body to Playout. You can play inside, outside, at work, at home... Anywhere!

+ Effective: The exercises in Playout are all bodyweight. Tried and true for thousands of years. The games are fast-paced so you can get a great burn in as little as 5-10 minutes

+ Competition: Need motivation? Play with a friend or send your best time/score to all your friends who are playing.

+ Cost: This is a big one. A one time, up-front payment of $14.99 and you have yourself an infinitely adaptable, ever changing workout that you can take with you on the go.

- Group Instruction: As of right now, there isn't really a way to follow along with an instructor as you Playout. It all comes down to your creativity and self-motivation.

- Group Setting: There aren't any Playout gyms, so you won't always be able to find a group of people to play with.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points